2012년 4월 23일 월요일

GIS LAB 3


View GIS HW in a larger map



The map I made is a map of the my favorite places. I love the places. Also, I go to the places when I need some foods or take the classes for my studying. My school has amazing architectures and beautiful trees. Also, my apartment is a very nice place for me because it's my home!!



Neogeography is a new movement that combines maps and technology.
From Neogeography people can create their own maps. It is greatly beneficial as it allows everyone to share information with people. Also, Neogeography can help to increase geographical awareness, and make maps more readily accessible. Furthermore, Neogeography is a very interactive tool, allowing the general public to become more involved and interested in geography. While Neogeography is allowing everyone to be a geographer, there are consequences and pitfalls to this "new geography". Since the information in Neogeography is all voluntary, the people uploading the information have no reason to present unbiased, accurate data. This can result in misleading and unreliable information that can be released to thousands of online users. Furthermore, since information is not screened before being posted, much of the information provided by Neogeographers may be private, causing harmful effects to the person with disclosed information. It can potentially be very harmful if the information provided goes beyond being informative.
I don't think that Neogeography will never be able to replace GIS. Neogeography provides the data and creates tools that GIS experts are then able to analyze and support. However, they are closely related and analogous to other information sharing such as journalism compared to blogging. Both GIS and Neogeography have a lot to learn from each other.



댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기